Job Description – Kitchen/Bar Manager
This is an incredible opportunity to work and play in the mountains of Central Colorado. Browns Canyon Brew Co is a small tasting room and food service operation, located on the banks of the Arkansas River at the Rocky Mountain Outdoor Center in Buena Vista, CO. RMOC is Colorado’s premiere outpost for outdoor adventure, offering kayaking, rafting, stand up paddleboarding, rock climbing, mountain biking, summit hikes, and backcountry ski adventures. We also have a campground on-site and a newly built bike park.
The expansive beer garden at Browns Canyon Brew Co is a gathering place for beer-loving adventurers to share epic tales, plan future endeavors, or simply revel in a community of outdoor-minded individuals. The staff at RMOC deliver world class adventures to guests from around the world, and we are seeking a motivated individual with a passion for food and craft beer to provide an exceptional culinary experience.
The kitchen itself is in a permanently fixed food trailer located within the beer garden. A nearby indoor area houses the bar, office, storage, and dishwashing facility. Food service has a small hot menu that serves lunch and dinner from noon – 6pm. A cold menu is prepared the day before to be packed for lunches on guided adventures at RMOC. Tasting room focuses on craft beer, but also serves various canned beverages.
Classification: Full Time, Seasonal. May 1 – Oct.31
Department: Food and Beverage, Tasting Room
Reports to: Owners
The Kitchen/Bar manager is responsible for creating a quality food and beverage experience that is consistent and profitable. They are responsible for operating within county guidelines of health and safety. They will oversee inventory and make weekly food and beverage orders.
- Manages inventory so that all necessary ingredients are stocked for service.
- Develops and maintains the menu.
- Sets regular cleaning standards for compliance with Public Health
- Prepare lunches for following day
- Places weekly beer/wine orders
- Occasional pick-up/delivery of contracted craft beer products
- A significant base of culinary knowledge
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Interpersonal skills
- Conflict resolution skills
- Attention to detail
- Written and oral communication skills
- Financial understanding
- Forward thinking
- Capable of maintaining restaurant inventory
- Self motivated
- Hours: 40 hours/week, 6 months season
- Wage: $18-$20/hour + tips
- Camping available on site
- Access to professional instruction and guided trips: KAYAK – RAFT – SUP – CLIMB – BIKE – SNOW – SURF – SUMMIT
- Eligible for ownership percentage after one full season
- Accepting resumes until April 1, 2022.
- Start date of May 1, 2022
- Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org